Thursday, April 26, 2012

Titanic Part 2

Well I have partially finished the Fore and Stern decks and thought I might give you an insight in the construction. I will admit without reservations that if you are going to spend the money and the time to build such a model, and there are a few worth spending the above, do it right.
One of the nicest features of wooden decks, is the fact that deck accessories don't have to painted very carefully to avoid smearing paint on the deck or vise versa.  I started by painting the bulkheads white, then masking them after drying. next came the hatches brown and lastly the bollards black.  Then came the wooden decks which are self adhesive.  As you can see by the pictures they are now ready to be applied to the Stern.
Stern deck spray painted and ready for the decks.

Here you can see the deck pieces ready to be applied.
Meantime I have spayed the hull and it now rest on the base to cure for a week or so or until I need it.

No comments:

 
Google