|The Sopwith Camel|
Upon opening them I discovered they are Roden kits from the Ukraine. They appear to be early molds as the have a fair amount of flash and are somewhat of a poor fit. Having several years of modeling experience behind me, these two kits only presented a little challenge. I begin with the Sopwith Camel and it was finished in two days. Some of the points that need to addressed to aide in construction are:
1. Enlarge all holes for wing struts.
2. Likewise with the landing gear.
3. I found the joy stick and rudder pedal are not visible, so I omitted them.
4. Some extra care is needed on the rear rudder and stabilizer.
5. Sand off all stubs on both wings as they make it almost impossible to apply the decals.
6. Great care is needed when applying the decals.
|Albatros D. V|
1. The wings are separate pieces and are butt joined and glued. I used "Super-Glue".
2. Again enlarge all strut locations.
3. The struts are very weak and care is needed when glueing the wings to the struts.
5. The German Iron Crosses are separate pieces white and black.
6. Great care is needed when applying decals as they are very thin.
The Albatros also took two days to build. The rigging was done with paint brush hairs in black from a 3 inch cheap brush purchased at our local hardware store. When one views each model at normal viewing distance, they look quite presentable.